Tuesday, 23 June 2009

3 months

As I sit here at 11.40 p.m. listening to U2’s – with or without you, I feel a great sense of achievement. 3 months sober. Considering what an integral part of my life alcohol was, I’d say I’ve done pretty well. Not that I’ve ever been addicted to it, it’s just that there were times when it was unnecessary. Oh sure some of you might say you’ve been sober for years and I say cheers to you but I’m feeling good for myself tonight.

Thanks to the girl who made me my favourite t-shirt in the whole world.

I don’t drink, when I’m sleeping

I made it a point to wear that shirt every 7 days from the first day I started this. It’s been like my very own talisman.

Off to bed now folks, tomorrow’s a new day. God be with those who might have or with those who have swine flu.


“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments: